What are the advantages of electroplated wheels?
Electroplated bonds mechanically entrap diamond particles on the tool. There are six advantages to electroplated technology:
1. The ability to manufacture tight-tolerance forms.
2. Lower initial cost, compared to vitrified, resin and metal bonded superabrasive wheels.
3. Freer cutting, resulting in higher material removal rates, less power required and reduced thermal damage to the workpiece.
4. The ability to hold form or profile from first to last cut.
5. Elimination of time associated with dressing.
6. The ability to strip and replate the core.
We recommends precision plated products for grinding in creep feed or high speed grinding applications, such as nickel-based superalloys, engineered ceramics, cobalt-based superalloys, ferrous alloys, W C (finishing operations) and tungsten carbide.