Engine valves are mechanical components used in internal combustion engines to allow or restrict the flow of fluid or gas to and from the combustion chambers or cylinders during engine operation.
The intake valves are mainly made of chrome, nickel, or tungsten steel, and the exhaust valves are primarily made of high heat resistant metals such as chrome, nickel, silicon-chromium, or cobalt-chromium alloys. Electroplated CBN grinding wheels is for high speed tool steels, die steel. Hardened carbon, stainless steel, alloy steel, aerospace alloy, and abrasion-resistant ferrous materials, etc.
Engine valve Machining Process(machine and tool)
is as followings:
1. The steel bars (valve raw material) are cut into the required lengths (CUTTER, CBN CUTTER WHEEL FOR STEEL);
2. The ends of the bars are chamfered (CHAMFER MACHINE, CHAMFER WHEEL);
3. Each part of the bars is put through upsetting and forging in a hydraulic press to shape the head of the valve (TURNING MACHINE, HYDRAULIC ELECTRIC UPSETTING MACHINE, ENGINE VALVE HEAD SHAPING WHEEL);
4. Next, a cavity is formed at the tip of the valve to meet the required specifications of the customer (VALVE TIP DRILLING MACHINE);
5. Heat treatment processes (HEAT QUENCHING MACHINE);
6. Then the valve is cleaned and straightened (STRAIGHTENING MACHINE);
7. Engine valve tip is ground for a surface finishing(CNC VALVE SURFACE GRINDER, SUFACE FORMING WHEEL);
8. Liquid penetrant test;
9. Ultrasound inspection check;
10. Alkali bath;
11. Oiled before packaging and moved to the finished goods yard.
Engine valves are one of the most important components of any automobile; they control the flow of fuel within the combustion chamber and also the flow of exhaust gases from the engine.
An ill produced valve will cause pits, grooves, and cracks that often lead to power loss and fuel inefficiency in the automobile.
So it is highly necessary to purchase your engine valve manufacturing machine and tools from the most reputable engine valve grinding tooling/wheels manufacturer